Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Well, hello again!
Yes, it's been forever since I've blogged here. It's been an insane time--the craziest of my life. Some things that have happened since I last blogged:
* I spent three weeks at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN with K
* We're going back to Mayo in mid-September
* I wrote INITIATION
* I finished the outline for a Violet & Ruby Productions book
* The Barnes & Noble at the Apache Mall in Rochester agreed to host me for a signing on September 18th at 2pm. (Please come so I'm not alone!) :)
* A couple of big things happened that are secrets for now, but MAN, I want to reveal them!
* My friend Bri got K and me hooked on DANCE MOMS. It is the best guilty please e-v-e-r.
* I got feathers in my hair! Two purple and one pink.
* I got a new gorge HP laptop that I still haven't had time to set up. (Bad!)
* I had some time to read for the first time in forever. Devoured Sara Shepard's TWISTED and am loooving Melissa Walker's SMALL TOWN SINNERS.
* I read an ARC of HORSES NEVER LIE ABOUT LOVE and was blown away. Even cooler? I was asked to blurb it. It comes out in November, so I'll be sure to remind everyone. It's a beautiful book.
* Kate's great-uncle passed and K, R and I spent about 2 and a half-ish weeks living on the UES in his apartment helping K's grandmother.
* R's grandmother passed and he spent a weekend in Baltimore.
Those are the highlights, really. We're all kind of waiting to go back to Mayo now and get K out of the pain she's in. Nothing--no drug or alternative--can stop this pain. I hate it. I put my hands on the spots and wished they would flow out of her body and into mine. It's not fair. She's been sick for a year and a half--I wish I could take it away even for just a day.
I've gotten closer to my friend, B. She's the best to text and I wish she lived closer!
I haven't been working on KEPT. I've been too busy with Canterwood and personal things. But I want to pick it up again soon.
What's new with everyone?