Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Well, hello again!

Yes, it's been forever since I've blogged here. It's been an insane time--the craziest of my life. Some things that have happened since I last blogged:

* I spent three weeks at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN with K

* We're going back to Mayo in mid-September

* I wrote INITIATION

* I finished the outline for a Violet & Ruby Productions book

* The Barnes & Noble at the Apache Mall in Rochester agreed to host me for a signing on September 18th at 2pm. (Please come so I'm not alone!) :)

* A couple of big things happened that are secrets for now, but MAN, I want to reveal them!

* My friend Bri got K and me hooked on DANCE MOMS. It is the best guilty please e-v-e-r.

* I got feathers in my hair! Two purple and one pink.

* I got a new gorge HP laptop that I still haven't had time to set up. (Bad!)

* I had some time to read for the first time in forever. Devoured Sara Shepard's TWISTED and am loooving Melissa Walker's SMALL TOWN SINNERS.

* I read an ARC of HORSES NEVER LIE ABOUT LOVE and was blown away. Even cooler? I was asked to blurb it. It comes out in November, so I'll be sure to remind everyone. It's a beautiful book.

* Kate's great-uncle passed and K, R and I spent about 2 and a half-ish weeks living on the UES in his apartment helping K's grandmother.

* R's grandmother passed and he spent a weekend in Baltimore.

Those are the highlights, really. We're all kind of waiting to go back to Mayo now and get K out of the pain she's in. Nothing--no drug or alternative--can stop this pain. I hate it. I put my hands on the spots and wished they would flow out of her body and into mine. It's not fair. She's been sick for a year and a half--I wish I could take it away even for just a day.

I've gotten closer to my friend, B. She's the best to text and I wish she lived closer!

I haven't been working on KEPT. I've been too busy with Canterwood and personal things. But I want to pick it up again soon.

What's new with everyone?

4 comments:

  1. Can you post my blog http://blogforeel.blogspot.com/ on the canterwood crest blog sugestions site I am just starting out and dont have any readers yet :) thanks I love reading your books/blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley missed you bloging glad to have you back. Looks like you've been up to alot lately. Sorry to here about your friend. I had a horse show last sunday won reserved champ. Hope you keep bloging. Oh and I read chosen loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about K! Give her huggles for me! :( and totally, I LOVE Small Town Sinners. My roommate got me hooked and I just. Can't. Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you dealing with can't sign into aol mail problems? visit askprob community and follow the instructions to fix the problem by yourself.

    ReplyDelete