Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My photo inspired by Lady Gaga's Body Revolution

Jess Ashley's take on Lady Gaga's Body Revolution 10/17/12





There have been a lot of positive (and some negative) comments in the media recently about Lady Gaga's Body Revolution. In short, the movement is about loving and accepting your body exactly the way it is. Many people are posting their own shots on LittleMonsters.com. I wasn't "born this way," but I'm proud of how I now look.

2: titanium rods in my back
12: number of inches long each rod is
4: inches of height I gained after my spinal fusion
6: pints of my blood used during surgery
1: year until full recovery
9: hours in surgery
0: number of scoliosis cases worse than mine that the doctors had seen
13: age I was at the time of surgery
25: age I am now

xoxo

*Photo credit: Kate Angelella

5 comments:

  1. WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN TO THE CANTERWOOD SERIES AFTER HOME FOR CHRISTMAS COMES OUT IT NOVEMBER? WILL CANTERWOOD CREST JUST BE OVER WITH A SNAP OF A FINGER?? :'''''(

    ReplyDelete
  2. please do tell Jessica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, succeeding after surgery like that. I also have two titanium rods in my spine, along with some screws and a mesh cage. I know the feeling of being on painkillers excessively, and not being able to focus. Hope the best for your future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats not taking the Right Path, dear;
    Thats choosing the whorizontal which
    leads to death eternal. You know better.
    -GBY

    ReplyDelete