Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2013 career direction

I'm so excited about my new agent! I've partnered with the amazing, well-respected Rubin Pfeffer of East West Literary Agency. It's been about three years since I've been agented and it was time to get back in the agent game. Rubin is committed to helping me take my career in a new direction--YA. That doesn't mean I'm not going to write books for tweens or younger readers if I get the chance and it's the right project.

It does mean that I want to multitask more. I want to work on Canterwood and a second project at the same time. I've been doing that now, but not as much as I could be. Honestly, my bum arm has really been holding me back. I've got to finish FAMOUS and then look into doing surgery before HOME FOR CHRISTMAS is due or after.

Once I have surgery, I'll be able to work SO much more and not be on painkillers that also slow me down a little.

I'm excited for 2013 both professionally and personally. Anyone making a goal list? I started mine a few days ago. I've got separate pages for personal and work. 


3 comments:

  1. hey Jessica,
    i am only on the 7th book but this is the only series i read. i think because i can connect to it. i can connect because i love riding and have so much drama in my life like Sasha. i really love your books sometimes your characters inspire me to do what i believe in like when Sasha doesn't tell Callie about Jacob kissing her in the 6th book because she doesn't want to hurt Callie. and how heather is being nice to Sasha because of the whole party think
    thanks for the book series and hope you write more
    from your biggest friend ever
    morgan fetzer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope N pray you'll discern and
    choose the Right Path Upstairs:
    ♡ en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ♡
    -GBY

    ReplyDelete